By Terence Sherlock
* First ebook on a arguable subject severely very important to many huge enterprises * Authors are between few in with suitable adventure the 1st e-book to explain how Microsoft's part item version (COM) will be supported on computers except home windows. Drawing on Compaq's groundbreaking paintings of porting COM/DCOM to its OpenVMS and Tru64 UNIX Alpha systems, COM past Microsoft explains how the COM ordinary may also help organisations combine their functions throughout a heterogeneous computing setting. This e-book info the cutting edge COM aid now local on Tru64 UNIX and OpenVMS and divulges how builders can take advantage of COM on OpenVMS and COM on Tru64 UNIX to create moveable software program elements that run nearly unchanged on OpenVMS, Tru64 UNIX, home windows NT, home windows 2000, and different significant computing structures.
Read or Download COM Beyond Microsoft: Designing and Implementing COM Servers on Compaq Platforms PDF
Best client-server systems books
Reacting to the recognition of J2EET possible choices comparable to Ruby on Rails and the firm Spring Framework, crimson Hat JBossR, Inc. built JBossR Seam, a brand new open resource light-weight JavaT EE 5-based contextual software improvement framework. starting JBossR Seam: From beginner to specialist will get you all started because the first e-book in this well known framework.
On your day-by-day upkeep regimen of your company's Microsoft trade Server, you most likely run into bumps alongside the best way. Sams train your self trade Server 2003 in 10 mins is a smart, quick-reference consultant to the most typical projects you practice as an alternate Server administrator. Use this consultant as a foundation for sensible wisdom and suggestions to issues of dealing with mailboxes, acting database upkeep, Outlook net entry, functionality optimization and staff coverage administration.
This is often the main entire, sensible, and necessary consultant to home windows domestic Server, together with Microsoft’s significant updates in PowerPacks 1, 2, and three. best home windows specialist Paul McFedries brings jointly counsel, recommendations, and shortcuts to be had nowhere else and provides all of them in simple English for each home windows domestic Server consumer.
Grid computing provides to rework the best way organisations and members compute, converse, and collaborate. Computational and knowledge Grids: rules, purposes and layout bargains severe views on theoretical frameworks, methodologies, implementations, and leading edge learn in grid computing, bridging the distance among academia and the newest achievements of the pc undefined.
- MCSE Designing a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure: Exam 70-297 Study Guide
- SharePoint 2007 User's Guide Learning Microsoft's Collaboration and Productivity Platform
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Administration Instant Reference
- Microsoft Windows Home Server Unleashed, 2nd Edition
- Windows Server 2012: Up and Running: Upgrading, Installing, and Optimizing Windows Server 2012
Extra info for COM Beyond Microsoft: Designing and Implementing COM Servers on Compaq Platforms
Batch processing programs are well suited to user interface encapsulation. Applications that do screen management (for example, SMG or FMS) could have their older charactercell interface encapsulated using COM, providing users access through newer Windows NT style dialog boxes or through a web interface. Database If you choose to encapsulate a database using COM, the database could be accessed from parts of a distributed application running on other platforms. The advantage of this approach is that the programmer can keep the database on the server system, Chapter 4.
Finally, the developers add code to the COM server that allows it to read in the ASCII report data and reformat it to a comma-delimited form suitable for reading into Excel. Figure 17 shows this new architecture. Figure 17. Drew Corporation: VP's access Client Server Existing application Terminal Interface Function1 COM client COM server (wrapper) Function2 Function3 VB input Reports Excel reports COM-11 This solution allows the Drew Corporation to continue to use its existing application with no modifications, and it extends the application’s accessibility by providing a Windows GUI for the VP to generate and review his report.
The application must have callable routines that can be logically mapped to a new front end (Windows- or web-based). If you’re not sure which integration method is right for you, BridgeWorks includes an online Knowledgebase to help you decide. BridgeWorks assumes a three-tier model. BridgeWorks encapsulates applications on an OpenVMS VAX or Alpha system and creates COM business logic for the second tier. You can then create a COM client for the first tier that communicates with the COM business logic on the second tier.