By National Research Council, Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences, Naval Studies Board, Committee for the Review of ONR's Marine Corps Science and Technology Program
The workplace of Naval learn (ONR) money learn throughout a vast diversity of medical and engineering disciplines in help of the military and Marine Corps. to make sure that its investments are serving these ends and are of top quality, ONR calls for each one of its departments to endure annual evaluate. given that 1999, the Naval Expeditionary battle division of ONR has asked that the NRC behavior those studies. This document offers the result of the second one overview of the Marine Corps technology and expertise software. the 1st evaluate was once performed in 2000. The 2003 overview examines the final Marine Corps S&T application, the littoral strive against destiny naval potential, the center thrusts of this system, and easy learn actions.
Read or Download Assessment of the Office of Naval Researchs Marine Corps Science and Technology Program PDF
Similar methodology & statistics books
A definitive paintings on ESR and polymer technology through latest top authoritiesThe previous 20 years have obvious notable advances in electron spin resonance (ESR) concepts, fairly as they follow to polymeric fabrics. With contributions from over a dozen of the world's most sensible polymer scientists, complex ESR tools in Polymer study is the 1st booklet to assemble all of the present tendencies during this intriguing box into one complete reference.
1. views on layout study, via Barenholdt, Buscher, Scheuer and Simonsen 2. Iterative Participatory layout, by means of Simonsen and Hertzum three. Designing as center flooring, via Nickelsen and Binder four. Designing Pathways, through Scheuer five. layout and administration, by means of Pries Heje and Baskerville 6. figuring out via layout, through Olsen and Heaton 7.
Written by way of a box insider with over two decades adventure in product improvement, software help, and box advertising for an ICP-MS producer, the 3rd version of sensible consultant to ICP-MS: an educational for rookies presents an up to date reference that was once written particularly with the beginner in brain.
- Implementing Reproducible Research
- Variational Principles and Methods in Theoretical Physics and Chemistry
- Further Developments in Scientific Optical Imaging
- Science and Society: Understanding Scientific Methodology, Energy, Climate, and Sustainability
Extra resources for Assessment of the Office of Naval Researchs Marine Corps Science and Technology Program
It is viewed as mid-range between a Tier I (hand-launched, limited-performance) platform and the much more capable Tier III (longerrange, higher-performance) platform. Candidates for the Tier II UAV platform are the Dragon Warrior helicopter and a ducted-fan vehicle. Both prototype vehicles have demonstrated flight capability. Potential plug-and-play sensors being developed for the Tier II platform were described in briefing material presented to the committee. Findings and Recommendations. The committee finds that Tier II platform development is well within the scope of the LC-FNC and represents a viable advanced development effort.
2. TLFeBOOK 26 2003 ASSESSMENT OF ONR’S MARINE CORPS SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM serviceability, and so on constitute a particular suite of capabilities, commonly referred to as the “-ilities,” often found to be critical to use of products in the field. It was clear, however, that such capabilities were not being considered within any of the current products and evidently were assumed to be something that could be added later on during the acquisition program. In the committee’s experience, building in capabilities such as reliability can strongly affect the fundamental design of a product and typically cannot be done after the fact.
12); • The “relative neglect of MOUT [military operations in urban terrain]” (p. 12); and • The use of “performer-determined goals”—that is, of priorities not systematically established by Marine Corps needs because of weak connections between ONR and MCCDC (p. 13). By and large the current program is in the process of addressing these issues—some vigorously and effectively, others less so, but all nonetheless to some degree. 18For example, see “Microchannel Methanol Fuel Cell” under the Logistics core thrust in Chapter 3.